He loves being up on his hands and knees and is crawling two steps...what would you call that, two knees? Two times? Anyway, he is starting to properly crawl before he lands on his belly and continues with his really strong army crawl. He still loves rolling from one end of the room to the other, but combine that with his arm crawl and the kid is unstoppable! I can not take my eyes off of him. I do not remember this starting so early, but then again, I don't remember a whole lot! He seems to grab mostly with his left hand, Blaine calls it the "left hand lunge."
Much to my dismay we have kinda-sorta started solids. I mean, we do it when I remember and when I have time. So far carrots and acorn squash seem to be his favorites. I'm really trying to do it once a day but that hasn't always happened--eek.
We have gone down to two naps a day, on a good day, and pushed bedtime a little earlier. This seems to be good for all of us and gives me a little more time with the big boys at night when I am not tied up with constantly watching Tripp.
Nothing makes him happier than his brothers. They get the biggest smiles and giggles out of him. And boy do they love him! And they have been so helpful. When he starts to fuss, one of them almost always without me having to ask, jumps up to entertain him or keep him busy until I can get there.
He is so laid back and so happy. He only fusses when we mess with his nose (he haaaates it!!!!), when he is tired or hungry, but even then, he is such a little delight. Sometimes I don't even know how hungry he is because he is so content until I start to feed him and he latches on like an animal!
He has started saying "mama mama" and even though I know it isn't directed at me, I still love it. He loves blowing raspberries and making funny sounds with his mouth. He has learned that if he throws something down, we will pick it and he can throw it down again, and again, and again...and boy is it funny!!! Peek-a-boo is also a hit right now.
He still loves his paci and has mastered the art of finding it and putting it in his mouth properly, the boys get a big kick out of that new trick!
Time is flying by but we sure are savoring all these little moments. Having a baby now makes us realize how fleeting all these moments are, and we are really living in them moment with this sweet chunk.
No comments:
Post a Comment