Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Wrap Up Post

Before all these things get lost in the middle of the holiday hoopla, here is a run down of a few other things that have been happening around here the last couple months......


My 20 year high school reunion!!! I know, right? How can we be that old....oh but we are. It was a really fun, well put together event, thanks to Lauren Renee Valdez Greenwood complete with name tags with our senior year photos. Unfortunately I did not take too many pictures, but it was really fun (with a splash of awkwardness) to see all these people who I had not seen in 20 years.






We usually let the boys choose any place they want to go for dinner on their birthday, and this year for whatever reason, we never went out for Owen's birthday. So when we finally got around to it, he wanted to invite his friend Sutton and his brother Caden to go out to dinner with us. So we piled 6 (SIX!!!) boys in our car and headed to Doc's. 
The best part of the evening was watching all these 8 and 9 year old boys swooning and giggling over Tripp. 
Just a sweet moment after school one day of Owen helping Cash with some math problems. Owen has always been sweet, but lately I am just in awe with this kid. Yesterday I got a call from his teacher because Owen cashed in his tickets he earned in class for a "Brag Call" from his teacher. She had so many amazing things to say. She chose yesterday because he had an exceptionally good day, but that honestly, every day is a great day with Owen in class. He has been such a leader in his class (always, but especially with this big class project they are working on for Market Days) and is always helping other kids when he sees they need it. He is kind and has a lot of friends. This morning I noticed he had some Pokemon cards in a ziplock. He told me that there is a boy in his class that really loved Pokemon but that he doesn't have that many cards. He  told me we did not need them all and that he wanted to give them to this boy. 
I started this thing last year of taking each one of the boys out of school early and going out and doing something fun with just them. It is not easy to get one on one time with these guys these days. A couple of weeks ago, I went and got Owen. I let him choose anything he wanted to do and he chose to go buy Halloween decorations, get a bunch of popcorn and candy and watch The Greatest Showman just the two of us and then play xbox. Easy peasy! I basically said "yes" to anything he asked for, hence the two giant inflatables he picked out!

We went to the Kiker Fun Run, one of our favorite events! Owen and Cash stayed together most of the time. It was the perfect morning! For each lap, they get a ticket that is entered into a drawing for cool prizes from the P.E. Department. 


Cash was so excited to be able to participate this year in the drawing! They all anxiously listened for each number hoping one of them would win. 

This year is was Cash's lucky day! 


On a whim, I got to spend the morning with Lauren and her sweet mom and The Christmas Affair! It was such a fun and unexpected morning! Loved it!
Eli was in the 4th grade school play...and had a speaking part! It is hard for me to get any information out of Eli. He barely even mentioned to me that he had a speaking part until a week or so before the play! Never once did he even want to practice with me at home. He did so, so, amazing and was so confident up on that stage!

Track and Field day was the Friday before Thanksgiving break. I was able to spend time with each of the boys during the day.








This guy came with me!
This year the school had a Penny War and Kindergarten won the contest. First place was getting to tape the principles to the wall with duct tape! I happen to be having lunch with Cash that day and got to watch. We have the best principle and assistant principle! What troopers!



No comments: