Sunday, December 30, 2018

December Wrap Up

December was a little bit of a blur. It is always a hectic month with all the end of year parties at school, teacher gifts, holiday prep, shopping, yada, yada. So here is a quick recap of the month. 
Hanukkah started early December this year and I was no where close to being ready with gifts, so we just celebrated every night by lighting the menorah and the prayers. The first and last were at my parents house. I feel like most of the time this year I am just sliding by with the bare minimum for everything. I am loving how busy and overwhelmed we are, but it shows in my effort in things I am usually really good and excited for. The holidays were no exception. We just kept things pretty low key this year, but the boys just did not seem to notice my lack of effort. We waited and did all of our gifts on Christmas morning along with our usual Christmas morning monster stockings. But actually, the monster stocking never made it our of storage this year (ha!) so they were actually each in a plastic bag--lack of effort at its finest. 





 A really nice young kid came to our door selling mistletoe to raise money and he was so polite that Blaine bought some. I have no idea why these pictures make me laugh so much.

 On the last day of school before the break, Owen got invited to go out with his friend Sutton. When he came out of school, he handed me his backpack and then a paper bag he had decorated for me with a gift he made at school. He looked at me and said "this is for you but don't you dare open it without me!!!!' He was so excited about it. So I said good bye to him and walked to the car with the other boys. I put his backpack and his gift in the front seat and no joke, a huge gust of wind came and made the car door hit me in the back, the paper gift bag flew out of the car, underneath the car and around it straight into the gutter behind my car. It was like straight out of a cartoon the way it happened. I think I stood there starring at the gutter wondering what the hell just happened. How in the world was I going to tell Owen that the gift he made me, that he was so excited about ended up in the gutter?!?!? I called Blaine and he could tell I was upset. And of course he came to the rescue. He met us at the gutter with some tools in case the manhole was locked and got the gift!!!
 We stayed in town for the winter break and kept it pretty low-key. A lot of wresting and playing football in the front yard.


 A lot of hanging out at my parents house.




 Just hanging at home.

And with friends.


 Blaine still had to work, so we introduced Tripp to facetime.
 We made a visit to the store, a favorite place for the boys (and for me).


 They met the new store kitty, Dusty who likes to hang up in the safe room.
 We went ice skating at Whole Foods and had a super fun time!






And we admired this super, cute little face.




 Not to forget the mountains and mountains of laundry that was done.

No comments: