Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving was not going to be the same this year. To be honest, I was not looking forward to it like I usually do. Im am not good with big change. And this year, there was big change to my most favorite holiday of the year. 
We decided to change Thanksgiving to Kathy and Bob's house this year. That was a rough thing to hear. My dad just could not handle the big to-do of Thanksgiving. It was a really sad reality for me. It has not been an easy year. I am really struggling coming to terms with my parents getting older and all of these traditions are slowly changing and being passed down to the next generation.
But, we were going to make the most of it. We had our annual punch making evening, which never disappoints!



Hobo was frying a turkey for the Waxman's this year so we all went over there Thanksgiving morning for mimosas and some turkey frying. I can not explain how "right" this felt. To be with them, on this day, which no doubt was a hard day for them all was perfect. I could feel Judy around us. I loved being together, and hope this is something we can continue. 







Next, we headed to Station 3 to see Blaine and hang out for a bit. I think this is just the second time since having kids that he has worked on Thanksgiving. 
Please disregard the mustache....I have very strong negative feelings that I make sure are known around here-ha! I thought it was going to be shaven off after November, but no such luck!





Our next stop was to Kathy and Bob's house. I was really trying to make the most of the change, and it turned out to be a great day. It certainly was not the same and I missed what used to be. But being with family was really wonderful, the weather was perfect for the kids to run around outside all day.





To top off Thanksgiving and to get us all a little more excited about it, we decided to have a big sleepover! So we packed up all of our stuff, including Maggie, and we all stayed at Lolli and Pop's for the night! I loved being all together!




We capped off the weekend with Peter Pan Golf and then picked up P. Terry's and headed to Zilker for a little picnic and to let the boys run around while awhile.



All in all it was a great, but different Thanksgiving. I am so grateful that we were all healthy and able to all be together.  

No comments: