I told Rachel that I would babysit the girls a few Saturday nights ago so they could go out. Turns out that Blaine was working, but no problem! The boys came with me! They all love each other so much and I love being with the girls, so it was a win-win all around.
Rachel got a sitter to come while the girls were sleeping so I could get home and get mine in bed. On the way home, we saw a lot of people standing on the Congress bridge waiting for the bats. So I asked the boys if they wanted to check it out. This is something that I would usually plan for and research best spots, times, etc, but we did it totally spur of the moment.
Of course it was also that weekend that it rained the entire weekend. But we had an umbrella and it was perfect weather for making a little dam in the middle of the crowd!
Not gonna lie, it was pretty darn anticlimactic. I saw the bats from a boat a year ago and remember thinking it was really amazing. I think because we were not in the water, and it was not summer yet, there just didn't seem to be a ton of bats. The part leading up to it was more fun that watching the actual bats, but we all had a great time....but were all ready for bed when we got home. It was a "lets all pile into bed with Mommy kinda night." We will plan better and try the bats out again another time!
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment