Wednesday, April 20, 2016

45

April 4th marked the 45th wedding anniversary of my parents. I honestly feel like I won the parent lottery. There is really no other way to put it. I am beyond lucky to have them as my parents.  Most people don't know the depths of their generosity and kindness--the things they do for others without the hope or want to be recognized.  This year I think we were all feeling especially grateful to be celebrating together.

We planned a dinner out to Fonda San Miguel.  We have done parties and big to-do's in the past for their big anniversaries, but this seemed fitting to be celebrating, just us,  just like we planned.

We were a little excited to be getting out....
 We had a wonderful dinner (with not so great drinks).
 We had a delicious cake made for desert, and me, Ethan and Rachel put together a book for them as their gift.  "45 Thinks I Have Learned From Lolli and Pop."  It came out better than I could have imagined. And to say they loved it, is a huge understatement. I already ordered them an extra copy so my dad could take it to the store. He mentions it every time we talk.

 No family meal is complete without a visit from the napkin bunny.


 Before we left, we sent them off with a sparkler because after 45 year of marriage the spark is still there:)
It was a beautiful, low-key night spent together. I strive every day to have a marriage like theirs, to learn from their generosity and selflessness and hope that my children grow up to feel the same way I do about my parents.

No comments: