Tuesday, November 29, 2011

15 months

Owen is 15 months, and I wish so badly I could bottle him up and keep him this little forever. I want to remember his laugh, his smile, the way he walks leading with his belly, his smell, and every little Owen-ism he has!
Since bottling him up is not all that practical, and probably illegal, I thought I could at least write down all the little things about him that I love so much so I can look back in 10 years or with my memory, one year and remember as much as I possibly can about Owen being 15 months old.
So here it goes...
That face of his, I just want to eat it up, I want it ingrained in my memory forever, those huge eyes, chunky cheeks that are so kissable and that amazing smile.
He is a monkey!!! He climbs on everything, tables, ladders, chairs, sofas, anything he can reach. I once caught him with one leg up to climb onto the island in our kitchen.
His vocabulary his about 30 words: Puppy (first word), Mommy, Daddy, Lolli (yoyi), Pop, Pee, Up (bup), Down, Hot, Outside, Eat, Night night, Cheese, Juice, Out, Hi, Bye-bye, Ball, Poop, That, Bite (as in, Give me a bite!!!!), Blueberries, Cracker, Cookie, Hoho (for Hobo)
He is extremely communicative, especially compared to Eli at his age.  He is always talking and always uses his words to let us know exactly what he wants.

The kid is obsessed with being outside.  Usually, after nap the conversation goes like this:
Me: Hey O's!
O: Out! Eat! Outside!
He grabs his shoes, and stands at the door saying "outside" over and over again until we go outside.  He runs up and down the sidewalk, plays in the dirt, drags as many trucks as he can out the door every time the door opens, even when its not time to play, and has been known to get upset when its time to go inside.

He may just be the next Tony Hawk. He is very coordinated.
Pretty good for a 15 month old, right (its a new favorite right now)? I apologize for the sideways video, if anyone can tell him how to flip it, let me know. I'm usually pretty good about that stuff, but since its from my phone, I'm not quite sure.

He is still such a cuddle muffin, and LOVES to he held, particularly by his Mother.
Speaking of Mother, he is such a Mama's boy.  I am basically the only person he wants, ever.  If he ever wakes up at night and Blaine goes in there, I can hear him yelling for me.  Blaine says every time I leave the house he walks around calling "Mommy?" and then stands silently waiting for a response from me so see if I am somewhere in the house, and  I usually see him standing/crying at the window when I drive off.

He loves going on runs with me.  Sometimes if we are playing outside he will go to the stroller and try to climb in.

He smiles and says "cheeeeese" every time he sees me pull out the camera. And speaking of cheese, I think that is one of his favorite foods, particularly Laughing Cow. He also loves blueberries, scrambles eggs, yogurt, anything that I am eating.

He loves Hey Jude by the Beatles and sings "Na, na, na, na, na Hey Jude" randomly throughout the day. Blaine started playing it in his car whenever the boys were with him, so its become somewhat of a 'Family Jam' song.

He is a mess! He makes eating an apple a messy job.  I don't know how he does it.  He requires a bath after a meal, and a full-on sweep job from under his chair. He likes to snack on-the-go, he isn't one to sit still for very long, which means I find crackers in toy trucks, smashed into the couch, in my closet, slipped into the slats of Eli's bed. Sometimes I think he has a secret hiding place because out of no where he shows up eating a piece of cereal that I hadn't given him in a few days.  I know its a bad habit to let him roam the house snacking, but it keeps me sane, and him busy for at least a couple of minutes.
He takes HUGE bites of everything he eats.  If I give him enough time he can usually work it out, but more than not, all I have to say is "Do you have too big a bite?" and he opens his mouth up and lets it fall into my hand (lovely).
He has become a self-proclaimed vegetarian and will not eat any meat!  But will eat any fruit you put in front of him; he can do some serious damage to a kiwi.

He loves his bath and does not mind getting water poured on his head while I am washing his hair.
He also loves getting his vitamins.  We had a ritual with Eli every night when he got his vitamins and Owen wanted in, so I started cutting one of Eli's up in thirds and now he gets some too.  The two of them run to me like little birds waiting for their food.  Its a favorite time around here.
He likes to share with anyone willing to take food from him and is very giving with Eli. He is stands his own and will fight back with all his might, that sometimes involves biting, hitting, pulling his hair, stealing toys.
When he is looking for his cup of juice or his lovey named Gus, he walked around the house with a sing-songy tone calling out "Juuuuuuice?" or "Guuuuuuuuuu"?
He is just pure love! Love that boy!

Update: You spend the last month waking up every.single.night. for NO known reason whatsoever.  You were making me crazy! Sometimes once, twice, three times, sometimes it took HOURS to get you back to sleep.  I know you were breaking some major molars on top and bottom, and the doctor said your gums were pretty swollen.
We went to your 15  month well check last week, here are your stats:
Height: 31 5/8 , 60%
Weight: 22.13, 15%
Head: 47 3/4, 60%

Checked out clean as a whistle!

No comments: