Have I always broken into a sweat while putting sheets on our bed? Or is it just the 20 (plus) extra pounds that I'm carrying around?!?!?
My mom had Eli starting Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning so that I could meet my instinct to nest. Not to mention that our house really just needed a good cleaning.
The house has seemed eerily quiet, a little lonely and kinda sad without Eli here. I cant believe that this is how I used to live! What the heck did I do with all my time before him?
I had forgotten the amount of productivity that I was capable of. Let me just tell you a few of the things that I have gotten done today: sanitized Eli's bathtub and all his bath toys, scrubbed all the sinks in the house, 3 loads of laundry (including our sheets and bedding, Eli's highchair cover, his shopping cart cover and all my laundry!!!!), vacuumed and swept the whole house, cleaned out the shoe closet, cleaned out and vacuumed my car, filled my BOB tires with air, organized the baby's room a bit, ate a whole bag of pretzels, cleaned the mirrors, caught up with my dear friend Natalie who is having a baby 6 weeks after me (YAY!!!), bought a dress for a shower, relaxed, and dusted the house.
Even though so much was done, I still feel like there is a ton to do, and I am having a hard time not making lists everyday of the things that need to get done!
So, with 6 weeks to go before our family of three becomes four, Eli successfully moved into his new room. Along with the move into his big boy room some teeth decided to take up residency in his mouth. For some reason, these last few teeth were particularly difficult. I thought we were smooth sailing with the teething because he has breezed through his teeth thus far, but the 1 a.m. wakings, the fussiness and breakdowns proved me wrong. Thankfully we have moved passed that and I am now trying to explain to a 17 month old that a baby is coming to live with us soon. Its not going so well. He certainly knows that something is coming, but has no idea how much his world is about to be rocked!!!!
I actually have a lot of anxiety and sadness for Eli. I keep telling myself that I went through the same thing when Rachel was born, and not only do I not remember a thing, but I turned out OK, and so will he!
I know that he will be a wonderful big brother and they will grow up to be the best of friends just like me and Rachel. But part of me feels like he is still such a baby and needs me so much!
With all of our family around he will get plenty of attention, but when you are the mom, you just feel like you can do it all and do it best! We have been reading a book on becoming a big brother and talk a lot about the baby's room and his clothes, but there is really only so much you can do with a 17 month old I guess. I do know that he will be happy when this belly bump is gone so he can nuzzle back into me while we are reading his stories!
Last week my wonderful playgroup had a surprise dinner for me. My friend Brooke orchestrated the whole thing and I was so surprised! I thought I was meeting just her at Moonshine for a celebratory dinner before the baby comes, but little did I know that others would be there waiting!
It was a great night out with just the girls, and no babies, and I felt so lucky that I have the friends that I do.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment