Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Girls, Girls, Girls

Rachel and Hobo had a trip planned up to Minneapolis for one of Hobo's brothers weddings a few weeks back. They had just been up there for Christmas with all the girls and were not wanting to make the trip again with everyone! Its expensive and a ton of work! So months and months ago Rachel asked if Blaine and I would keep Lola and Savannah for that weekend and of course we said YES! It was the perfect way to spend our 11th wedding anniversary after all:)
Rachel brought them over on Thursday around noon, got them settled in and she was off. Our first day was a little shaky. No one napped, but instead just cried for Mommy the whole time! Bedtime was rough, but they finally fell asleep. No one really wanted to eat dinner, but somehow bellies became full. We were all just getting our bearings with the girls here but we somehow made it through the day! Thankfully Blaine took off work for the weekend to be at home to help. I am not sure I would have survived without him! The girls were well behaved but being pregnant and in a constant state of exhaustion and being uncomfortable made it a tad tricky. I had just forgotten what it was like to have a 2 and 4 year old and their constant needs and need to be watched! Not to mention, that they are GIRLS!!!



We did a lot of coloring, painting, putting stickers on things....reading stories, playing with Maggie, and her crate (!?!?)...it was rainy the whole weekend so we were stuck inside.

On Friday morning the girls came with me to take Cash to school, and I could tell he felt pretty cool having this two cousins there dropping him off! And the girls and I went to My Gym to run out some energy and give us a fun outing. They LOVED it.



Saturday morning was Simone's Bat Mizvah, and while there was no way in the world we were going to make it to the service, we did make it to the brunch! I just took these three little people while Blaine stayed back with Eli and Owen.

The girls loooooove Blaine! They think he is the best! Always wanted to know where he was, what he was doing, where he was going.
On Saturday night we got all cleaned up to see their Mom and Dad the next afternoon! It was really a fun weekend but utterly exhausting! I love, love, love being able to do things like this for Rachel and to get to spend the time with the girls!

No comments: