Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Dear Baby

Your due date is 27 days away!!!

Your dad and I went to our 36 week sonogram together yesterday. At 30 weeks we found out that you were breech. I can not even tell you how much anxiety that gave me! I immediately went into research mode to find out everything I could possibly do at home to help you to flip. We did the external version with Eli, and it was successful, but I really just did not want to do that again....and I reeeeally did not want to have a C-section!

Against your dad's better judgment, I booked an appointment with a chiropractor that specializes in the Webster technique and in maternity care. Dad was very supportive of me going, but I know he was secretly rolling his eyes every time he knew I was going or saw the bill come in! But he rolled with it and let me do my thing.

If I read online that some silly technique worked to flip a baby--I did it--I bought an ironing board and did inversions on it, hip loosening exercises on an exercise ball, some other weird inversion thing off the couch, bought moxibustion sticks and burnt them next to my pinky toes outside on the front porch, went to the chiropractor weekly. I did it all.
Burning moxibustion sticks by my toes

Me hanging out upside down feeling sorry for myself!
So my 36 week appointment could not come fast enough, slowest week and weekend ever leading up to it. We walked into the sonographers room, and I told her how you had been breech and that I was so anxious to see where you were hanging out. That was the first thing she checked. Lo and behold.....you were head DOWN!!!!! Dad said I threw my arms up and yelled "YES!!!!" but I don't think I did that. I was however, holding back tears because I was so, so relieved!!! I think I tuned out the rest of the sonogram, but she said you looked great. She unfortunatly did not get any good pictures of you for us. I think partly because you were contorted in some crazy position in there, all smooshed up, but also she seemed like she did not try too hard which was a little disapointing. When I showed your brothers the two awful pictures she gave us, Eli thought he saw a chicken, Cash saw your foot, and Owen thought he saw a foot and an elbow....who knows!!

You are weighing in at 5lbs and 11oz and in the 48%--just perfect! I thought the news couldn't get better, but after seeing Dr. Phillips and finding out that I am already 3cm and 70% effaced, I was totally shocked! I am hoping you can hang on for at least a few more weeks. We have a lot of things we want to do before you arrive. So hang in there little bud, but I can not wait to meet you!  You are so loved already!

Love, Mom




No comments: