Saturday, December 16, 2017

Giving Thanks

There is so much to be thankful for.  It is hard to not get wrapped up in life's to-do lists, things that need to get done, just trying to get through the day, comparing yourself and your life with others when social media is thrown in your face at every angle. So many things we fixate on just don't matter at all. But when I can quiet all those things around me and really stop to think about it, every where I turn, I see thing that I am so grateful for.  So. Many. Things.

One thing in particular is that we are being blessed with baby #4. We were not expecting him and finding out about him came as quite a surprise. I am not going to lie- the first few weeks of this discovery were tough ones. First off, I felt sick as a dog every minute of every day. But panic set it in--how is this going to work? What is this going to look like for our family? I thought we were done. Oh my gosh, we don't have any baby stuff. Or an extra room for him. Can I keep my car? Everyone was going to be in school next year and I was thinking of going back to work, now back to square one. Oh my gosh. I thought Cash was our baby, how will be react? What will Eli and Owen feel about this? Do they realize how this will change their lives? I am back to the worrying that pregnancy brings. I was in the best shape of my life and felt so good about my body for once in my life. Now what? HOLY S&%T.

So we waited until 13 weeks to tell the boys.  Once we did, I allowed myself to get excited.  It made it feel more real. I was feeling more confident about the pregnancy, and being able to talk about it with them and hear all of their feelings and questions about it brought about excitement. Blaine in particular has been very excited about this little boy!

On a Wednesday afternoon after school, we sat them down and told them we had some news we wanted to share with them. We told them that we were having another baby...and you would have thought we said "today is Wednesday" by their reaction. Eli went back to eating his snack, Owen went back to coloring, Cash just starred at me, they were all silent for a second. Then Owen said "but no one looks pregnant?!" I am not quite sure what he meant by "no one"-like it could be anyone but myself that was pregnant! Then after a second to let it set in, there were so many questions. And as the day went on they became really excited.
That night we had planned to go to my parents house to find out if it was a boy or a girl. We had the doctor call Ethan and tell him the results so he could plan accordingly so that we could all find out together. No one was surprised that it was a boy, obviously! But we were all very excited.

Almost 18 weeks in, and it still doesn't feel quite real...until I look down at my stomach! The boys are really so excited. Cash in particular seems to be the most vocal about it. He kisses my stomach every night, and refers to him as "that guy."

We shared the news with family on Thanksgiving and it was hilarious to see everyones reactions!
Before heading to my parents house Thanksgiving day, we went down to the Community Center for our neighborhood Turkey Trot. Cash and I walked. Eli and Owen met up with friends and ran. And Blaine rode his bike and went back and forth between all of us.




I was still feeling pretty awful during the Thanksgiving break but it was still a wonderful day! The only picture I took the entire of day of Thanksgiving was after everyone had left of me, my mom and Eli.

On Friday, some of us cousins went out to my Uncle Jimmy's olive farm. It was a beautiful day, and a good place for all the boys to run around and play together.

 Owen thought his telescope "room" was pretty awesome, but since it was the middle of the day, there was nothing to see.
 It was fun to get to hang out and just chat while the boys ran around and played.

 On the way home, we stopped at The Rusty Mule where Cash was OBSESSED with this roasted corn. I am pretty sure we went back 4 times for more.
 Sunday morning we had our annual polichinka breakfast at my parents house. It never disappoints!  Another beautiful day leant itself to lots of boy time outside and cousin hang out time outside.






 The rest of Sunday, Ethan, Rachel and I just hung out at my parents and munched on leftovers the entire day. That time over there just us was definitely a top moment of the whole weekend.



No comments: