Three. Wow. My little baby is THREE!
Wow.
You are something special. You are goofy as all get out and such a little charmer. We never know what you are going to do next. You beat to your own drum, are brave and out going, a little dare devil, can make anyone smile and are just the brightest little ray of sunshine. You bring so much happiness to our family. Sometimes I look at your dad looking at you and he is just smiling. But a miles full of pride and pure love. Doesn't matter what you are doing, you just make us happy.
You loooooove your momma! I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE it. Your dad keeps telling me I need to cut the cord...not happening. I joke around and say that you would live in my pocket if you fit. You seriously would.....and I would seriously let you.
You love riding your bike and your scooter and perfecting your skateboard skills, and are darn good at it. You speed up and down the drive way, and all around the cul-de-sac. You are obsessed with motorcycles right now. There is one that is a few houses down and every morning around 8 you hear it start up and run to the front window to see if drive off. You point out every one on the road when we are driving, and we got you your very own little motorcycle for your birthday.
At three years old you are an amazing swimmer. You decided you were ready to swim and just went for it, I think you picked it up from watching Eli and Owen at their lessons. If you look close enough in the picture below, you can see Eli and Owen on the edge of the pool for their lessons!
You jump in the deep end and will swim back to the steps, or swim across the pool to dad.
Last week you taught yourself how to do flips and handstands in the pool! You see something you want to do and you just go for it! And you succeed.
You are still a vegetarian--love fruit, macaroni and cheese, noodles, waffles, chips and queso, nuts, cheerios with milk, and you love making "soup" which is basically anything you can get your hands on when we aren't looking, put it in a bowl, mash is up, stir it up, shake it around and make a big old mess with as many cooking utensils as possible (think ladles, spatulas, whisks). But somehow you get away with anything. I think its that cute smile you flash us when you know you do something wrong and we are about to get upset with you. But when you do get upset you stomp up those stairs (barely making a thump), go in your room and slam the door.
You try so hard to keep up with Eli, Owen and their friends. You do a good job. They almost always include you in their games, and there have even been a couple of times that they both come down stairs crying saying you hurt them both....you hold your own. You are tough-you take some big falls and you just get up, brush yourself off and keep going.
You end up in our bed most nights. I can not say that I mind. Of course there are times when I want my space, or want to get up in the morning and not worry about waking you up, but I use that time to kiss on you as much as possible while you are sleeping and you cant tell me to stop.
Your latest clothing obsession is that you always want to wear a bathing suit, or you change your clothes multiple times a day. You still love your stripped pj's and want to wear some combination of them every night.
When I asked Eli about you, he said "he is a vegetarian that never sits still and relaxes" and Owen described you as "a wild beast." Yep, pretty much sums it up.
I am so excited to see you grow up during your third trip around the sun.
I love you way too much. I hope you had the happiest of birthdays.
We started off your birthday with cupcakes for breakfast.
It was a Sunday, which we usually we spend at Lolli and Pop's house, so after we spent the morning together as a family playing in the yard, we headed over there.
Pop took y'all out on the drive way to "practice fishing" with his fishing poles (Eli and Owen's favorite thing to do with Pop) and Owen helped me pick some figs high up in the tree so we could keep y'all distracted from your "present" that was driving in.
What you did now know what that Ethan was moving back to Austin on your birthday! Lolli wrapped him up in a big box to surprise you. You were so surprised/shocked/confused when he jumped out! Once you figured out what was going on, you were so happy to see him! And I am beyond thrilled he is back for good! It only took him 21 years to come back.
We celebrated that night with the family with a motorcycle birthday cake.
I was going to sneak another year without a party for you but started to get some mom-guilt and ended up throwing together one of the most fun/easy parties we have ever had!
We rented a snow cone truck to come to our house and we invited friends and neighbors to come over to hang out and grab a snow cone.
Y'all were counting down the days and minutes until that truck pulled up in front of our house! You had been asking me for a red snow cone all day, so we finally were able to get you what you wanted!
We all just hung out, had snow cones, some drinks, played with bubbles, balls, ran around in the yard and finished off with a motorcycle pinata!
We had so much fun celebrating you with friends, family and neighbors. Happy birthday Cashman!

























No comments:
Post a Comment