I have been trying to take advantage of this beautiful weather we have been having. Although getting out of the house with both boys by myself seems to be somewhat of a challenge on some days. Eli is getting his last set of molars which makes for some interesting nights, and if you mix in getting up with Owen on top of that, some mornings just getting dressed or brushing my teeth seems impossible. I have found that I can shower in about 90 seconds if I really have to, can eat standing up while holding a baby, can go days without having the time to reply to any e-mails, can make it through the day on much less sleep than I thought possible, and find myself thinking to myself 'While Owen is sleeping, do I want to shower, eat lunch or take a nap?' because usually there is only time do one of those things!
But, most days we make it happen and spend the majority of the day outside or manage to do something fun for Eli.
This week we went to the zoo, the park in the neighborhood, and a trip to Zilker to ride the train!
The zoo was quite the adventure. I went alone with just the two boys, which in hindsight, wasn't the best way to go to the zoo. We still had a great time, but Owen fussed every time we stopped at a different cage, and Eli being the extremely cautious child that he is, was very hesitant of all the animals and it took some time before he warmed up to them. He spent the majority of the first half of the trip in the stroller watching from afar....
He managed to find some favorite animals though....
"Llama, llama, llama" these were the favorite animal of the trip....
But the lions were a close second....
He also found this animal, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he is, but Eli seemed to really enjoy his company...
But we also found some other things at the zoo, that really made the trip a success!
Yes, you are seeing the pictures right, rocks and a 'big truck!'
All in all, we had a great time, and cant wait to go back! But with an extra set of hands next time!
We really lucked out with the park in our neighborhood. Its about a 10 minutes walk from our house, it has a great playground, tennis courts, a 1.25 mile trail around the park, sand volleyball, a lap pool and childrens pool, basketball courts, well, you get the point. We walk there a lot and often stop off there at the end of a run in hopes of Eli running out his energy to take a loooong nap for me when we get home.
But of course, the best part is....wait for it......
the firetruck of course!
Some mornings, like today, everything seems to fall into place and I'm able to go for a run, shower, write a post and eat breakfast all while Owen is napping and Eli is at school! But, I hear him starting to stir and that means, my morning of freedom is coming to and end! Gotta go! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment