This was Eli's first trip, and I started a packing list about a month before we actually left. I wanted to make sure I had everything we may possibly need while we were there. We had a great time on the trip. The only hiccup we encountered was the fact that Eli DID NOT sleep! Maybe it was the altitude, the dry air, the strange hotel room and pack n' play...or maybe he just decided to stay on Central time and disregard the 2 hour time change; hence waking up at 430am every morning ready to start the day! Blaine and I were zombies by the time the trip was over. I needed a vacation from our vacation. But the fun didn't end there....not only was our flight delayed coming home, but our AC died the night before we left, so we camped out at my parents house for the next 5 nights until our AC could be replaced (thank goodness for American Home Shield!).
Eli did wonderful on the flight on the way there (the way home was another story but I will spare you the details). My dad prepped him before the flight to make sure he knew what to expect.
And away we went...
We passed him off to Rachel when the fussing began to give me and Blaine a break, and he slept the whole way.
Danielle and Eli at breakfast
Eli briefing Lolly and Pop with the agenda for the dayIt was a very laid back trip this year. We spent one day at the spa, one day at the beach and one day at the park. We even got a talent show hosted by the littlest Krugers on the last night...
Here are just a few more pictures from the trip.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment