Up until about a month and a half ago, Eli was not so sure what to think about my dad. If you know my dad, you know that he can be, well, for lack of a better word, "rough." He likes to squeeze, and he is loud. He just gets carried away sometimes with how much love he has for you and shows you with a hard hug, or sqeeze of your arm...or even more so, with one of his "Davidisms." Davidisms is what we decided to call all of the little sayings my dad says that he is known for. If you know my dad, you certianly know what I am talking about. Here is the latest one....
"get me some ketsup Im going to eat him for dinner!" (referring to Eli).
I knew Eli would come around, and has he ever!!!!! He LOVES his Pop (which I always knew he would)!!!! I love seeing my dad with Eli. Its truly amazing how happy it makes him to see his grandson. When we are together, Eli will watch Pop's every move until Pop sees him and comes over to give him some attention. I always knew that having a baby would be rewarding but I never thought that one of the thousands of reasons would be to see how happy my parents are when they are with thier grandson.
"get me some ketsup Im going to eat him for dinner!" (referring to Eli).
I knew Eli would come around, and has he ever!!!!! He LOVES his Pop (which I always knew he would)!!!! I love seeing my dad with Eli. Its truly amazing how happy it makes him to see his grandson. When we are together, Eli will watch Pop's every move until Pop sees him and comes over to give him some attention. I always knew that having a baby would be rewarding but I never thought that one of the thousands of reasons would be to see how happy my parents are when they are with thier grandson.
I feel like when I see my dad with Eli I see a little part of my grandfather, Pa, who passed away before I knew him well. My dad always says "If Pa were alive you would have him wrapped around his finger and he would give you anything you wanted!" I gotta say, my dad takes after his father, and not just his looks! I miss Pa a lot and wish that he was here to meet Eli. I think they would be the best of friends. I know that he is watching above. But the next best thing is seeing that little part of Pa through my dad everytime he sees Eli.
1 comment:
this is so sweet!!!!
Post a Comment