Eli is now 13 weeks old! I read yesterday that he is officially an "infant" now and no longer a newborn. I just about shed a tear or two when Iread that! I think next week we already need to move him up to a size 2 diaper! Everyone says how fast kids grow up.....I think I finaly believe that they are right! He is now so interactive and smiling like crazy! Its amazing to see his personality come out a little more everday! I remember people telling me how excited they got when their baby had a big poop or had a big burp or did something new. I remember thinking they were crazy, why would they get so excited. But its true. We are now those parents who cheer when Eli has a big poop, or makes a new noise, or does anything new. One night, Blaine got me out of bed to show me what he found in Eli's diaper. He has also gotten me out of bed to show me how Eli kicks his legs like he is swimming when he is on the changing table, and how he wiggled himself to the bottom of the crib. These are the kinds of things our conversations consists of now-- poops, and naps, and we talk about meals in ounces.
Last week, Eli got to spend some quality time with his Uncle Ethan, who he had not seen since he was one week old. Ethan passed on a very special gift to Eli--his first kipah. It used to be Ethan's and since they share the same initials, it had MEK on it and it is circled with Pac-Man (yes, i know--very 80's!).
This passed weekend, Eli discovered the mirror in my mom and dad's bathroom...and loved it! Eli and I spend the night at my parents house on the nights that Blaine is at work on the weekends. He hasnt quite decided if he likes Lucy (the dog) yet, but he sure loved the mirror! He would stare at himself, smile and then slowly lean forward until his forhead was touching the mirror, and then he would just stay there. He couldnt get enough!
Next weekend, will be my first time away from Eli. I am missing him already. I am in a wedding for a very dear friend of mine from college in Denver. Although, I am looking forward to sleeping through the night, not having to change poopy diapers for two days and pumping and dumping--hence, being able to have a couple of drinks and not worrying about having a tipsy baby! Blaine has said more than once how nervous he is to have a little baby by himself for a WHOLE weekend! Lucky for him, Eli's second mother (Rachel) and my parents are planning on stealing him away for a while to give him a break. Ill let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment