Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Port A 2021

 I always love our annual Port A trip. My parents did not make it with us this year. With Covid and not having extra staff at the store, they decided it was best for them to stay back this year. It was a bummer but we still managed to have a wonderful time. We had just given them a digital frame for their anniversary and we were able to send them pics as the trip went on so they could see what we were doing! 

We made the stop at Buccees on the way...I was in one of those moods where I said "yes" to everything and we ended up leaving with quite the collection of Buccee's items....balls, blankets, shirts, hoodies...what was I thinking??


Eli was not thrilled with my Bucce's purchase for him and was flabbergasted I would have him wear that hoodie!

Our trip this year was a tad different. We had a reservation for a house in Cinnamon Shore but could only get 4 nights at the house based on the one and only week that both Rachel and I could make it to the beach this year. But 4 nights was not going to cut it, so we extended two nights on the front end and stayed at the Sandpiper Condos. It was a really fun change of pace for the first couple of days. We lucked out with an amazing condo that overlooked the pool and the beach! It was fun to mix it up and do it a little different this year!







I think our evening trips to the beach were my favorite part of the days this year. We did some shrimping, crab hunting, fishing, kite flying, hole digging, shell hunting....I love the beach in the evenings!














The time hanging out in the house and condo was also so lovely. Trippy and Camille were like two peas in a pod and were with each other playing all day every day!




Candy exchange after our trip to the candy store.











Gosh, I sure love these beach boys with my whole heart!







I think this year was my favorite yet. I am sure the fact that all the kids are a little older and things just felt so much easier had everything to do with it. It was a bummer to not have my parents there, but these cousins really love each other, and get along so well. Any time I get to spend with Ethan and Rachel is always wonderful, and to have some normalcy on this Port A trip was so refreshing. I am grateful Blaine and Hobo were able to come, and that I have been blessed with just the most amazing family. 

No comments: