Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Dear Owey

 My Dear, Sweet Owen,

10 years old. 

You have lived your best quarantine life this summer! You really lucked out with a tight group or friends who we basically all decided we would quarantine with. You have gotten to see and be with friends, have sleepovers, and go on fun outings all quarantine long!

Your birthday weekend kicked off with staying the weekend at the Jacob's lake house to celebrate Colty's birthday. Your brothers and I came up on Saturday to celebrate Colty's birthday but you ended up staying the whole weekend and waking up there on your birthday! Im not going to lie, I was a little sad that you didn't wake up at home and have birthday cake for breakfast with us, but I wanted you to be happy and do what you wanted to do for your birthday!









On your way back into town, you and your buddies were all dropped off here for cake and singing....and then for some DUNK TANK! We invited all your friends over for a socially distanced dunk take drive by. 

I was too busy being anxious about everyone wearing masks and being comfortable around each other that I didn't take many pictures.











At ten years old, are kind and a little a lot emotional. I know it comes with the territory of growing up, but wow.  You are kind and caring and have a good group of boys you have become good friends with. You are willing to try new things and you love quality time with me and Dad. You are the most willing out of all of you to have a conversation with a grown up. You love baseball and riding your bike. You like trying new foods, occasionally are known to sleepwalk, you like singing but cant quite carry a tune (you got that from me), you think your brothers are annoying most of the time but you you care for them deeply. You are the most intuitive and caring. I can not wait to see what you do and the places you go! No doubt you will do amazing things.

Oh my sweet Owey, I wish you the best 10th year ever!
Love you too much.









No comments: