Friday, March 10, 2017

First Vet Appointment

Owen had a lot of questions about the vet--what did the office look like, what will they do, where will Maggie get her shots....just very inquisitive about the vet. I promised him he could come with me when I was going to take Maggie for the first time.

Well, two weeks ago when I got home from working out, I saw something I was hoping would go away when I looked again-----FLEAS. 
I flipped. I texted Brooke and Julian and urgently asked what to do!!!!

I scrapped all my plans for the day and made an appointment to see Dr. Phillips (Julian) instead. I could not break my promise to Owen, so I texted his teacher and told her I was going to come pick him up early from school unbeknownst to him. So I picked up a special lunch for him and got him from school. He was so, so excited and loved having that 1-1 time with just me. We both had such a fun time together!

 Maggie checked out just fine, got her shots and was given a pill to get rid of the fleas--thank goodness! She was 9.4 lbs and looking good! It was also fun to see Julian on the job! It was cute to listen to Owen answer all of Julian's questions too!
 I dropped Owen back off at school since it was so early in the day and I needed to get some stuff done before the weekend. Maggie instantly crawled into his seat. She loves those boys! It was a really special morning to spend with Owen.

No comments: