I started the morning with a nice run! When I got home, we quickly got everyone dressed and met my cousin Noah, his wife Danielle and their two kids Nate and Andrew at the movie theatre to see Sing. It was a really cute movie and the boys loved being there with their cousins. I wish we got to see them more often.
The only hiccup we had was that when we got back out to my car, we discovered that someone had hit the entire back of the drivers side of my car and left. So instead of meeting them for lunch, we just headed home so I could get over the frustration of mean people and figure out what I needed to do.
Blaine headed into work on Christmas Eve, and we headed out to the greenbelt for some exploring and fresh air. We needed it. It has been an extra warm winter break, so when Cash slipped into the water it wasn't such a big deal. I did draw the line at letting them swim though--the water was frigid. Plus, we did not go prepared with towels and changes of clothes.
We found the best spot and just hung out there, threw in rocks, jumped from rock to rock, watched people go by and even saw a guy scale the cliff up to a little "cave" to do yoga. We had a fun time being silly coming up with ideas of how and why the "cave guy" was up there. I think we decided he was half bear:) It was a beautiful way to spend the afternoon with my boys.
Since Hanukah started the night of Christmas Eve, we ended our day at my cousins, Sara and Ryan's house for their annual Latkepalooza Party. Not many pictures were taken, but a lot of latkes were consumed and a lot of gifts were opened!
No comments:
Post a Comment