We officially became a training wheel free household as of yesterday. Cash and Eli both shed their wheels yesterday afternoon.
Eli just had not had any interest in his bike for the longest time. I think he may have been discouraged that Owen had been riding his bike for over a year and he was having a harder time getting it down so he kinda gave up for a while.
But yesterday afternoon I asked Cash if he wanted to give it a shot. We practiced for about 2 minutes of me holding on from behind and he instantly got it. I turned around for a minute and then I hear "Look Mom!! I did it!!" and he was off riding clear across the cul-de-sac. Eli saw that and got a new fire under him to get it too. He always had it, he just didnt have the confidence or drive to keep trying after failing, until he saw his 3 year old brother doing it! It took a few more than 2 minutes, but he got it very quickly too, and then they were all three off on their own!
On my way home from my workout I get a text from Eli from Blaine's phone at 6:30am - "Its Eli. I brushed my teeth and I got dressed. Can we ride bikes in the cold esac?"
Of course we can!
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment