He was slow to start and then even slower to even try to say new words even though we were pretty sure he could. But just in the last week, he decided he was ready to repeat everything and say all the words he could possibly think of! It is so fun to hear all the words that we have been waiting for for so long to come out of that little mouth with the sweetest little voice.
I took a few pictures of him in this orange chair the other night mostly because I was thinking a lot about Maw, and its my favorite thing that I have from her house. I think about her every single night when Cash and I are reading stories in it. I'm sad that he may not have any memories of her since he was so young when she passed away, but I try real hard to talk about her a lot and to use all the little trinkets we got from her house to keep her spirit alive at our house.
And while we are talking about Cash, he now crawls out of his crib in the mornings, turns off his sound machine, gets himself dressed (he prefers swim trunks at every opportunity) and comes downstairs. I am usually running around trying to everything ready to take Eli to school at this time, and he always peaks around the corner and says "HEH-WO" until I hear him and turn around to find him with the sweetest little smile and bed head.
He is now 2 1/2--doing his best to drop his nap, is still a self-proclaimed vegetarian, goofy as can be, adventurous, extremely physical and coordinated, loves his brothers, is obsessed with being as close to me as possible and every possible moment of the day, loves washing his feet in the sink?!?!?, and reading stories, he loves "riding" his new skateboard and making up new tricks with it, it travels with us in the car most days, he is potty-trained except at night and would love it if I let him stand on the toilet and let him "aim" into the water, he likes getting his ears cleaned, and his haircut, he likes milk, loves petting dogs and babies, he never sits still, rides a scooter like a pro-tricks and all, and is the most cuddly, kind, sharing little thing.







No comments:
Post a Comment