Monday, February 24, 2014

Home Away From Home

I just love the weekends that we spend time at my parents house.  They have a revolving door and I never know who may stop by.  We almost always see my Grandmother, "Mom", my aunt Carol comes over a lot, her sons stop by to see what is in the pantry or to do their laundry, Susu almost always comes over to see us and brings sweet treats, and the rest is always a surprise!
This last weekend was beautiful!!!  The fun part about this last weekend is that we had a very new, very special visitor, Lola!!!!  There is more on her later, she deserves her own post, but just check out this little lady! I love her!!! I got to babysit for awhile Rachel ran to the store and I really thought about taking her and running!
After an early, chilly run, and standing in line for over an hour to try and get Eli into The Nature Center Camp, we headed over to my parents for the afternoon.
We spent the afternoon just hanging out, and playing outside in the beautiful weather.  We got to visit with my Grandmother, Susu came over with bagels, Barbara Mackey and Jennifer (my parents neighbors) stopped by to meet Lola, and Diane Silverstone stopped in too!

My dad cooked an amazing meal, as always, and the boys were in the way  his little helpers.

I fed the  boys dinner before I left them there to spend the night and headed home and there was not a dull moment.  Except for maybe this moment where Owen fell asleep sitting up at the table.

Rachel has lovingly nicknamed Cash Animal, as in the character from The Muppets.

He is wild, crazy, he grunts a lot, he is hilarious! He does not talk a lot, but he does a lot of shaking his head yes or no, or pulling you in certain directions to what he wants, he dances around, and is always into something and constantly yelling Mommy! Mom-may! Mom-may! even when I am sitting right next to him.


This pretty much sums up our little Monster...crawled up on the table and ate cake like an animal!





Oh, and his latest "trick"......


They are always so tired at the end of the day when we are at my parents house.  They never. sit. still. while we are there.  The good news is that they can finally play by themselves in the backyard so they pretty much disappear outside for hours or go upstairs and play with their toys in their room. And without a doubt, they tear apart the couch and make up games.

Usually by the time I leave to go home, they are snuggled up on the couch with my dad watching fishing shows.  They continually ask me when I am leaving and tell me that they are ready for me to go home. As funny as it sounds, I LOVE this because it just means how much they love being over there and how much fun they have (granted I am pretty certain they get away with everything!).  I feel so lucky that they are so close to my parents.  As I was telling Owen good-bye this particular Saturday night he said "Mom, if you need my help, just call me."


I went back Sunday afternoon to hang out and be with the boys.  They spent the better half of the day in the yard playing with the hose in the grass. But after Cash woke up, Diane brought Sophie over to play.  After about the first 30 minutes of the boys refusing to look at her and her refusing to look at them, they finally warmed up to each other and did not look back!


By 6:45 we were in the car on the way home and I had two out of three already asleep for the night (score!!!!).  Everyone but this guy!



No comments: