Thursday, December 12, 2013

Celebrating Baby D!

In about 8 weeks (MEK), Rachel and Hobo will have their first baby. I can not wait!!!!  I mean, I am just as excited about Rachels baby being born as I was for all of mine!!!


These last few weeks we have celebrated Baby Davis' arrival with a couple of showers.
My mom has wonderful friends and they threw a shower for Rachel a few weeks back for our cousins, aunts, and family friends.
They did an amazing job with decorating and delicious food!!!





We have known most of these women for most, if not our entire lives and they are all so very special to us!








This last weekend, I hosted a shower with a few of Rachel's best friends at her friend Ashley's house.  She has some wonderful friends who helped me throw a wonderful shower!  It was a super cold morning but it did not stop all of her friends from showing up.








Our theme was "Bow or Beau," hence all the bows and mustaches, since she isn't finding out what she is having.
We each chose a prop depending on what we think she is having.






 We had a Soup and Salad brunch with Rachel's absolute favorite soup (Portuguese Soup) and four difference salads and a handful of other finger foods.












 If you know Rachel, you know she cries, a lot!  She did a great job of holding it together the entire shower, until she opened up the gift from the hostesses.  We got her her bedding that she is totally in love with and didn't think she would get.  It is beautiful and I can not wait to see that precious baby sleeping on it.  We just delivered our crib that all three of our boys slept in to Rachel and Hobo's house so that all of their babies can now use it.




It was really such a fun shower and I think Rachel loved it.  Now, we are just waiting for that baby to make his or her appearance!

No comments: