Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dear Owen

You are THREE! Yay!
Part of me can not believe you are already three, where the other part feels like I can not believe you are only turning three.  You seem so old.  There was no such thing as "The Terrible Two's" with you. You have been so much fun to be with this past year.  You have been so agreeable, happy, easy-going, funny, goofy, inquisitive, and cuddly.  Of course you have your moments like every child does, but for the most part, you make being your mom pretty darn easy.
You like to talk, a lot, and love to give random compliments and tell people how much you love them all the time.  A lot of times our conversations go something like this.
O: Wouldn't it be funny if I was a bird?
Me: Yes that would be funny!
O: Then I would just fly away!
Me: Oh but that would make me so sad, I would really miss you.
O: I would just fly right back and be Owen again.

You tend to take time to warm up in new situations before you come out of your shell, and once you do, you are a hoot.
I find you in bed with me just about every morning, cuddled up to me as close as you can possibly get. Sometimes you even search for me while you are sleeping and once you find me you grab my hand or my arm and just grab on to me while you sleep. Its heaven!

You are our little comedian.  You crack Eli up and once you find something that makes him laugh you totally live it up and go with it.  The things that come out of your mouth are so funny sometimes that Dad and I just look at each other and wonder where you came from.

This past year, you had a few firsts.

You started school!  I am pretty sure that you loved going to school.  You had the sweetest little class with 5 other kids and Mrs. Tish and Mrs. Erika were you wonderful teachers.  You would walk in so happy every morning and sit in your "spot" and just get started on whatever project they had waiting for you and did not stop to say good-bye.  Every afternoon I would peek around the window and almost always see you either dressing up or playing with the baby dolls.  As soon as you would see me you would get the biggest, best, happiest smile on your face and run to me as fast as you could.
First day

You became a big brother...and a middle child!
You go back and forth between being a nurturing, sweet, big brother who shares and looks out for Cash, and finding him totally in your way, being totally annoyed with him and having to share with him, and find it totally annoying that I have to hold him over you.


Your first plane ride. And first trip.



Your first trip to the beach.


Your first trip to the dentist.
Your first move.
Your first buzz cut (and probably your last for a while, it did not suite you well!).

Your first bike.

We celebrated your birthday this week at Hoppin House.
You and Eli loooooove Legos and you said you wanted a Lego party.  I'm not going to lie.  I had some really cute, big plans for this party, but when I really sat down and started thinking about how much work it would take, I booked your party at Hoppin House on a whim and decided to make it easy for me instead of the party at our house.  Summer time is a hard time to plan a birthday party because it is too hot to do anything outside, and half of your friends are usually on vacation!  But we made it work and I think you had a really good time.





 Eli was pretty much obsessed with this slide. I am not sure that he left it the whole party.

 You on the other hand, would not go down it alone (even though you have done it before!) and made me and Rachel take you down over and over.


You had some really good friends there too!
Sophia

Eli and best bud Ty

Kara with David, and Marisa with Savannah

Porter....he was loving the foam pit!


Gray

Old friends Rachel and Kathleen catching up

Some of the party guests...minus the birthday boy

Blaine trying to convince Owen to get in the picture







After about 10 blows and some help from Eli, I realized I must have packed the trick candles!




Sara and Olivia

Sleeping Piper

Sophie



Rachelle and Sophie
On Friday, your actual birthday, we woke up early, packed a bag and headed to the park to ride your bikes and eat our cake for breakfast!


Owen, I just think you are amazing. I love you.  Happy birthday!
I am ready to conquer the THREE'S with you!!! Lets do this!!!

No comments: