The festivities continued for Rachel and Hobo and their nuptials last week. Unfortunately I was too in the moment to take too many pictures of all the happenings, but here are a few to get you up to date. Hopefully I can get my hands on the photographers pictures and post some.
The Tuesday before the party, some of Hobo's family had come into town and they rented a house on Mount Bonnell so they could all stay together since there was 9 of them all together! Ethan also got into town Tuesday night, so we spent most of our time at my parents house hanging out all together and helping Rachel get ready for the party and my mom get the house ready to host Hobo's family for dinner on Thursday night.
Thursday night Hobo's family headed over for some steak (my dad's knows for his delicious steak!) and margaritas. We also took the opportunity to celebrate Blaine's birthday that night with everyone there.
Ethan and I had spent all afternoon running errands for Rachel to places like Home Depot getting some last minute things for the party that was on Saturday night. I had planned on getting Blaine a new grill for his birthday, something he has been wanting for quite some time now, so Ethan helped me pick out the perfect one and we loaded it up into the car that afternoon. After dinner, Rachel tricked Blaine into thinking she needed help getting some heavy stuff out of my car and he opened up the back to a new grill. I just wish I had gotten his reaction on camera. It was priceless and he was so excited. I just felt like he really deserved something special considering all he has had to put up with these last 9 months with me, and how much he had taken on with the boys over the last few months so that I could go do things with Rachel to help get ready for all the wedding stuff, bachlorette weekend, girls weekends, parties, showers, and things I wanted to go out and do before this baby comes. All the attention is on the mom when you are expecting a baby, so I really wanted him to feel like he was appreciated for all he does for us.
Friday afternoon some wonderful friends of my mom's, most of them are like second mothers to us, hosted a beautiful luncheon in honor of Rachel at the Waxman's home.
Mary Davis meeting my grandmothers for the first time. If you look closely, you can see the bruises on my grandmothers face, she took a spill earlier on in the week, so we are thankful that she is OK!Do you think Rachel is excited about this baby?!?!?!?
Everyone gave Rachel advice on marriage and she read them aloud. Of course she couldn't get through it without tears. It was Susan "Susu's" that really set her off!
Friday night Hobo's family hosted a "Friday night dinner" for all of their out of town guests at Iron Works.
Not many pictures were taken, but it was a wonderful night and we were able to meet a lot of the Davis' family and friends.
Saturday morning we started out the day by meeting Charlotte, Pete, Sully and Theo at the Austin Zoo. It was an exceptionally hot morning, especially for Charlotte and I, she is expecting in September.
The rest of the day I tried to rest up so I could get myself through the night, ran a few errands while the boys napped and got ready to head over to Rachel's house early to help her into her dress and get to the venue early for pictures while Blaine stayed home with the boys until my great friend Katie came over to watch the boys that night, which I was so, so thankful for!
The party was PERFECT. Rachel did such a wonderful job with decorating a little special touches to make it really wonderful. She was beaming the entire night and looked amazing. Half way through she changed into a beautiful little white dress and cowboy boots.
Pictures to follow.....Need to wait to get some from the photographer, mine just don't do it justice!


No comments:
Post a Comment