During my almost two week stint of being sick, it took every thing I had just to make sure the boys stayed alive and were somewhat happy. My mom was super sick too, so my help wasn't so much help during this time. But everyone pulled through as much as they could to help out. I finally felt a glimpse of normal last week for the first time.
Here are a few random happenings from the last few weeks.
Eli started swim classes. Lets just say he hates it. The first two classes he literally cried/screamed "Mommmmmmmmy!!!!!!!" the ENTIRE class. It was brutal for both of us. He has finally realized its not so bad and takes it in stride for the most part. Owen and I swim on the other side of the pool while he is in his class with my friend Becca and her youngest Weston since Jonah (her older son) is in Eli's class. We decided that this particular class isn't the best fit for Eli and we start classes somewhere else this week, so fingers crossed it goes better!
Speaking of Jonah, we meet him at the park at least a couple of times a week, and the boys love him.
Sometimes he comes over for dinner and the boys get to hang out until his mom comes back to pick him up.
The other few days of the week, we pretty much spend outside.
We went to the Camp Mabry open house and the boys got to climb in and out of military vehicles and see people shooting guns and all kinds of fun military stuff.
Owen's love for hats has taken a new turn. During story time at night he picks out a hat for everyone to wear and we must wear it while we read. On occasion he has been known to go to bed wearing a hat.
Or in the bath...
We walked in The March of Dimes walk for Babies this last weekend with Brooke Anna and Lauren and Brooke's new pup Tucker.
The boys did fantastic during the walk...four lollipops later....don't judge, I just wanted to make it through the walk without fighting/making a scene, and it did the trick.
We hung around afterwards for a while to play with the pinwheels Lauren gave them and the dirt, despite the heat. The boys were BEYOND dirty when we got home, they had to take a bath before nap time.
We celebrated Rachel's upcoming nuptials with a couple of showers. One of which I spent the entire time layed up in bed again really, really sick, the kind of sick I don't wish on my worst enemy. Where just talking and opening your eyes is painful sick. This was the shower that I was throwing mind you, so thank goodness for my mom and aunt who stepped up and basically put on the shower for me. I could not even get out of bed to use the bathroom, much less say hi to any of the guests. I ended up spending the night at my parents, in my parents bed, with my mom, the most comforting place in the world, while Blaine kept the boys at home.
Thankfully Lauren and Cindy Valdez stepped up as the photographer at the shower, so I was still able to get some pictures from the shower I threw!
I am finally on the mend and crossing my fingers that my luck turns around soon!









No comments:
Post a Comment