I accidentally scheduled Owens 9 month well-check (only one month late) at the same time and day as Eli's last swim lesson. Thankfully Lolli came to the rescue and she took Eli to swim and I took Owen, who decided to practice jumping on the bed instead of taking a nap that morning. I rushed to my parents house with 30 minutes to spare, don't know how that happened. We made it to Owen's appointment on time, only he was suddenly hungry and very tired. I fed him in the waiting room, nursed him in the room while waiting on the nurse and then roamed the halls to try and calm the outburst that followed. He was cleared with a clean bill of health. He is now 29 inches or 75% for height, and weighing in at 21 pounds, putting him somewhere around the 65%. We barely made it to Mopac before he fell asleep, and slept for over 2 hours.
He has started walking while pushing push toys, wagons, chairs, a box of diapers, whatever he can get his hands on and just cruises around the house.
I was pretty nervous going into these swim lessons based on previous experiences with Eli and the pool. I was shocked by the enthusiasm and lack of terror he showed on the first day. He got right in, couldn't wait in fact to get in, and loved it.
Our friend Sarah coordinated and basically hosted our swim lessons. Eli, along with friends Sophia, Henry, Henry and Reese were in a class together at the Haegelin's home. Diego (can you think of a better name for a teacher of 2 year olds!!!!) was their very patient swim teacher.
They practiced blowing bubbles
Gliding around the pool kicking
Practiced going up and down the steps
Not everyone was as enthusiastic at Eli was at first. Henry, sweet Henry wanted nothing to do with the pool at first.
I still don't trust Eli for one second in the pool, but he is certainly more comfortable in the water, loves going swimming, and even discovered how fun it is to jump to me from the side. Once he figured out this fun little trick, he wouldn't stop. 'Swim class? What swim class? I'm just going to jump over, and over, and over again...gliding is overrated.'
Later that afternoon we headed to my grandmothers house to help her move and wait on the delivery of her new washer/dryer and refrigerator. My dad bought my grandmother a condo a couple of years ago that is about a mile from their house. The only problem was was that it was two story, and with her age (85), those steps were getting tough for her to go up and down. As soon as a one story condo in the same complex opened up, we bought that one for her so the move was actually only about 60 or so feet from door to door. I cant say that we were much help with Eli running around like a chicken with his head cut off and Owen crawling into everything, but we were able to help with the delivery. Eli thought the delivery truck and the guys who drive it were amazing. He followed them everywhere.
Was in total awe of the drill they used, and even found a box to call his 'home.'
After his 'home' was broken down and taken away in the amazing truck, he thought he would entertain us with some singing. Jesus Loves Me was the song he chose. If you know my grandmother, you know that she is one of the more religious people in our family. So choosing that song to sing to her, at her house was extremely comical, to everyone but her. He hadn't heard that song since he was in school, because we certainly don't sing it at home, but we got a kick out of it and let him sing as much as his little heat desired.
Saturday morning Rachel came to watch the boys for me while I went to my friend Xio's baby shower. Xio's daughter Sophia and Eli have become quite the buds lately and we are more than thrilled to meet Sophia's little brother who will be here at the beginning of August.
From there, I headed back to my parents to pick up Eli, Owen and my mom to go to her 60th party. In an attempt to get a picture with the boys, this is about the best we got. You cant quite tell by the picture, but Eli was crying, hit Owen, made him cry, and Eli has tears welled up in his eyes while glaring at me and Owen.
The hosts went above and beyond on the food and decorations.
My mom with the hosts, sans Lisa Gottesman who was out of town.
They even put together a little poem.
Me, Rachel and our two grandmothers Mom (what we call our maternal grandmother) and Maw. Arent they beautiful?
I brought a Pack n' Play so I could put Owen down for his nap at the party so I could stay and enjoy myself. He slept soundly upstairs for an hour and a half while I visited with everyone and caught up with Molly and Sara, two wonderful friends who are more like sisters. We have grown up together since we were itty bitty, and both of thier mothers were hosts.
Blaine came to pick Eli up and take him home for his nap. But not before Susa got ahold of him.
The party was fantastic and such a great way to welcome my mom to 60.
The rest of the weekend was a lot more relaxed and included helping my grandmother finish packing and going through stacks and stacks of papers and stuff and getting rid of things she didnt need, including a phone book that was a mere 11 years old. We finishsed off the weekend with some delicious chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes (made by my dad who I swear was a famous chef in a past life), and a relaxed dinner with my family, the Waxmans and Rubinetts.


No comments:
Post a Comment