Saturday, January 29, 2011

Because I have a bad memory

You know you have a toddler when you are checking out at the store and find a half-eaten Triscuit in your wallet.  Or when you know all the words to theme songs such as Mighty Machines, Wonder Pets! or Dora the Explorer.  Or if you find yourself eating goldfish, animal crackers and Kix for snacks.

With the weather improving, we have been getting outside more and more.
We are in the process of building a sandbox in our backyard for Eli. When I say we are in the process, I mean, Blaine, and I mean that we are discussing it, we haven't actually started the project.
But have been stocking up on the perfect sandbox trucks and toys.  Yesterday Blaine and Eli were out back playing with the newest truck in the dirt.  Here is how the conversation went down.

Blaine: We really need to get more of these tucks.
Me: Oh really, why, does he love them?
Blaine:  Yeah, and he is hogging on the toys, and not letting me dig.  See watch, he lets me have it for like a second before its his turn again.

Seriously?

Sometimes I feel like we have two toddlers living here...and I mean that in the nicest way possible.  Its a good thing Blaine likes playing with trucks for hours on end, I can already tell Eli has his imagination.  The funny thing is that he was really serious.


Anyway we took our (actual) toddler and our almost 6 month old to the doctor this morning.  We actually just went for their well-checks, but it was a good thing because three out of the four of sound like we have been life-long smokers hacking up our lungs and we needed to get Eli checked out.  Turns out its nothing more than allergies and maybe a little cold. 

Not that I think anyone reading this is honestly interested in these stats, but I want to have them here to look back on.  On the way to the office, Blaine and I were discussing how quickly you forget things about your children--naps schedules, how old they were when they slept through the night, got their first teeth, rolled over....when you are in it, it seems like such a huge deal and how in the world will you every forget that?!?
But you do, or, at least I do. So, here it goes...

Eli
Weight- 25 lbs. (10-20%)
Height- 32 1/2 in (5-10%)

Owen
Weight- 18 lbs. (75-85%)
Height- 26 in (50-75%)

So, yeah, Owen will be beating up Eli in no time.
The one good thing I have found that comes out of getting shots, is the long nap that follows, the only thing allowing me to write this post today.

Just for the record, Owen is sitting up on his own now, playing with lots of toys, he thinks his brother is a rock star and watches every move he makes, literally follows him around the room with his eyes, he is still getting up once a night to eat, but its more because I'm not quite ready to give up that one night feeding.  It is the sweetest time of the day for me when he is calm and cuddly and I enjoy that time with him because I know it wont last too much longer.  I am trying to cherish every moment with him as a baby and not rush things to happen.  He loves solids, and I can tell feeding him will  be a totally different experience than we had with Eli.    He is just sweet, and chunky, and oh so lovable. 



No comments: