Ethan came in town for two whole weeks this month!!! Eli has a new best friend. "Effie!!!!!" I think Rachel even got a little jealous of the excitement Eli showed for Ethan every time he was around.
I grew up with my Aunt Carol living with us. She is 10 years younger than my mom and she lived with us until she got married, she was like a big sister to us. She taught us our manners, took care of us, and made sure we never, ever, ever chewed with our mouths open! And although Ethan and Rachel don't live with us, I hope that Eli and Owen feel just as close to them as we did to Carol growing up, and they teach them a thing or two.
We got to see Ethan almost everyday that he was here. It was wonderful! I have always said that he is one of the most patient people I know. I guess he learned that he had to be growing up with two bratty sisters!
On the first night of Hanukkah, Ethan and Rachel came over to play and celebrate with us. Ethan raked up a huge pile of leaves in our front yard and played in them until it was dinner time.
It was so wonderful to spend so much time with him. We are counting down the days until his next trip home!
No comments:
Post a Comment