Monday, November 22, 2010

Three Quick Months

Owen,
You are three month now, and are just as happy as can be!  You have the most infectious, sweet smile.  You are holding your head up now with no problems and are easily entertained by Eli sticking his face in yours.  Somehow you find that entertaining, we will see how long that lasts. He just insists on being where ever you are...



                             
You are sleeping really well! Thank you!  You like to hang out in the stroller on our runs, and just be outside.  You love the pacifier which is a new concept to me. I have a love/hate relationship with it though. I can see how much it relaxes you, and it makes it so easy to put you to sleep!  But when it falls out of your mouth right before you are about to fall into a deep sleep and you wake up, I find it a bit frustrating.  I don't know what it is about you boys and your loveys, but you love yours just as much as Eli loves Larry.
We thought it only be appropriate that he have a name also.  So, meet Gus...



Getting you to take a bottle seems to be an uphill battle.  We are still working on it.  I have a love/hate relationship with the bottle too I think.  Breastfeeding for me has been such a luxury. I love it.  I wanted it so bad with Eli and it just didn't work out.  With you it is, and I love it more than I thought I would. I try not to forget what a blessing it is to be able to breastfeed.  I'm scared that you may decide you like the bottle more than the boob and I'm not even close to giving that up!  But do you have any idea how nice it would be to have a night to ourselves??? Or have a date night without having to worry that you are screaming your head off because you are starving?  Or make your dad get up with you during the night?  We will get it one of these days!

You have become somewhat predictable with your naps, and are kind of getting yourself on a schedule, kinda of.  But you are pretty easy to read, and I love that about you.  You love your bath and kick around in there like a little fish in shallow water.  So far you don't protest diaper changes or your car seat. You are a talker! You are chill.  You are patient.  You are awesome! I love you more every day!

You love your Aunt Rachel just as much as I thought you would, and she, of course, loves you like her own and tries to convince you that she is your mom. 


These past few months have gone by so quickly, its hard to believe!
You are very lucky to have both of your great-grandmothers so close to you!  On Sunday we went and surprised Grandma with coffee and bagels to start off her 85th birthday the right way.  And then we had dinner with the family to celebrate.  She makes you smile when she sings to you in French. 

Of course Eli had to be in on the fun and helped her blow out her candle.
I'm excited about the upcoming week to celebrate your first Thanksgiving! Its my all-time favorite holiday, and more than ever I am so thankful for the little boys in my life!

No comments: