I was amazed as I sat there watching everyone come up to her and wish her a happy birthday. Because of her and my grandfather, we have this amazing, huge, loving family. Just because of the two of them! Today she was surrounded by her four children and thier husbands and wives, her 11 grandchildren, and her 8 great-grandchildren (with two more on the way!!!). What a matriarch!!!!
Who knows, maybe one day, Blaine and I will be celebrating our 87th birthdays and we will (MEK) be surrounded by all of our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I can only hope that we will be so lucky!
In true Kruger fashion, since it was a breakfast celebration, instead of a birthday cake, there was a birthday bagel.
Okay, well, really, I think the cake was forgotten today, so we did what we could with what we had!
Maw seemed to have a wonderful time surrounded by her family, birthday bagel and all.
The best part was that Eli was entertained by his cousins pretty much the whole time! Kim, who is also expecting, was playing peek-a-boo with the chair for who knows how long. This will be her first baby and we couldnt be more excited for her and Jared!
Yep, those are Eli's pajamas! I plucked him from his crib and we jumped into the car after his nap so we could make it to the party on time, so he never got dressed.
No Kruger breakfast is complete without polachinkas. My dad was busy at the stove slaving away to make something like 5 dozen polachinkas and scrambled eggs, all of which was finished off!!! And no breakfast is complete without bagels, creamcheese, lox, capers and tomatoes! I think I ate enough to keep me full for the whole day.
Happy Birthday Maw! Love, love, love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment