Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggs, Donuts and Pinatas!

There was a lot to celebrate this weekend. Although it wasnt all so happy. A close family friend of our family passed away this weekend. Annie Wise Polansky Davis was 98 years old and lived a very long and happy life. She was a beautiful woman with a heart of gold, a killer personality and will be missed by her family and friends.
And although it was a sad occasion, we were able to gather with her family and friends to celebrate her long life and look back on stories of her life.

Although we dont technically celebrate Easter, we do go to an Easter party at the Johnson's house each year. It was so much fun because Eli was able to (somewhat) participate in the festivities, especially compared to his participation last year.....


I could tell by the perplexed look on his face that he didnt quite understand what was going on, but he did find a few eggs in the Easter egg hunt. But just stood back and watched the older kids hit some colorful thing hanging in the air with a stick, that he so badly wanted to run up to to get a closer look!



And the pinata BURSTS!!!!
Not only was it a first for Eli to participate in a Easter egg hunt, but he also had his first taste of a donut.  Our intentions of not letting Eli have sweets like donuts has gone out the window!  Of course he maybe only had three little bites, but I have found that all the thing you swore you werent going to do before you had kids (eat sweets, watch TV, eat off the ground...), dont always hold true once you actually have your kids!  I look back at the things I said, and how I thought I would raise my kids, and things I thought I would do and I realize that until you actually have a baby, you cant possibly know how you are going to do things.  You cant possibly judge the way other people are raising thier children because until you are actually a parent and doing the parenting yourself there is no way for you to try and put yourself in thier shoes.  Sorry, I digress!  So anyway, so the donut...yum!

Thank you DJ, Barbara, Marley and Dillon for another great Easter Party! We are already looking forward to it next year.
On Sunday, my parents celebrated thier 39th anniversary! Can you imagine?!?!?  I strive to have a marriage like my parents and feel so lucky to have them as my parents! Happy Anniversay Mom and Dad!  We love you so much! Thank you for giving us such a great example to learn from. 




No comments: