Sunday, September 20, 2009

Taking it easy

It has been a while since I posted. I think its a combination of being extremely busy and extremely sleep deprived. This weekend was B-U-S-Y! Really, when I think back about our weekend, it wasnt that busy, or at least it wouldnt have been considered a crazy weekend pre-baby. But somehow this little guy who is just about two feet tall and a ball of sweetness makes things a tad more diffuclut, requires a ton of planning and a schedule that we are desperatly trying to keep without being prisoners to his nap schedule!
Friday night we celebrated Rosh Hashana, the Jewish new year, Eli's first! Of course dinner started at the time that he is usually in his bath and gearing up for bed, so I was a bit nervous to see how things unfolded. Eli is, well, not a great sleeper. No matter when time he goes to bed, he is still up at the same time...5am, I cringe at the thought.

But we had a great time and he did great.







We didnt quite make it until the end, Eli was in pj's by the time dessert came out, but he managed to hang on to let us eat some cake and cookies, just what I needed to get in shape!


Ethan was in town this weekend, which is always a blast! Eli and Ethan got reacquainted (they havent seen eachother since our trip to Tahoe in July) by checking out the fan in Ethan's room.

It didnt take long before Ethan was making Eli giggle and he became one of his favorite people. Saturday afternoon the whole family (around 40 people) were at the house for lunch, and then we went to Eli's friend Henry's 1st birthday party. Somehow the only pictures I got from the whole day were these...
Mom and Dad after everyone finally left and they could relax!

Eli and his cousins Max and Simone

Alan and Sophia Goss with Blaine and Eli at Henry's birthday party


So, at an attempt to keep it low key and relaxing today, we hung out at home all day.








No comments: