Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thank goodness for naps!

We had a pretty low-key weekend, and it was great. It started off with me cooking dinner, yes, I cooked dinner--a rarity in this household! Usually Blaine is the main chef in the house, but I figure with his bum leg, and a baby who will soon be eating "real" food, I should really try and perfect my cooking skills and put my skills to work. I find myself picking up Martha Stewart, Better Homes and Garden and watching the Food Network as much as possible in hopes of becoming domestic through osmosis.

My goal is one home cooked dinner a week, at least to start off with, I dont want to be too ambitious! So check back with me in about a month and see if I am holding true to my word!
Thanks Lauren for the enchilada recipe, Blaine loved it and even finished off the leftovers on Saturday. Im on the prowl for easy, fast recipes...tonights meal--a baked ravioli dish--yum!
Eli has, for the most part, become a master napper (night time is a whole other story!), once he finally gives in and falls asleep. The hard part is getting him to give in--he is so aware of everything going on and would much rather hang out with us that he fights it with all is might. This is our newest struggle. I cant help but laugh most of the time- I dont know how he makes some of the sounds that come out of his mouth, he grunts, and sqeals, cries, laughs, and sticks out his tounge arches his back....all it takes is for him to realize that all he has to do is close his eyes, and he is out like a light! Thank goodness for naps! I feel like I have so much time now during the day it took me a few days to figure out what to do with myself!
On Saturday after a stellar 3 hour nap we went for lunch and a swim at Eli's Aunt Dinky's house with Susu, Eli's Great Godmother, and my mom.

Dinky and Eli

Eli didnt so much like his swim, he just had a grumpy day! I fear that teething began yesterday judging by the bouts of crying to being happy and smiley back to crying, coupled with the slobber that seems to constantly be running down his chin and chewing on his fingers. But no teeth yet...still a little early!
So after his first nap on Sunday we went to visit Maw, Eli's great grandmother. My mom and dad, my aunt Kathy and Unlce Danny all happened to be visiting at the same time, so we had some nice time together before going to my parents house for dinner for a 4 star meal cooked by my dad.


When we got home Eli helped me sort through the mail, his new favorite past time...check out his stellar sitting up skills!
And in true male fashion, took control of the remote before heading off to bed...


No comments: